Georgia Animation on Our Mind: An Animation Screening
July 10, 2009, 8 p.m.
Rich Theatre of the Woodruff Arts Center, 1280 Peachtree Street NE
Reserve Your Free Ticket
ASIFA-Atlanta curated this program to showcase outstanding animation being created by Georgia artists from both Atlanta and Savannah.
Official blog post by Harvey Deneroff
The final schedule is still pending but several films have been confirmed. Among them are:
• Avery Matthews, a never-aired Cartoon Network pilot from Turner Studios
• Hamid Bahrami's breathtaking, hand-drawn film Traveler of the Horizon, previously shown at ASIFA-Atlanta's celebration of International Animation Day at the High Museum of Art
• Takuro Masuda's stop-motion Death of a Matriarch, made with a grant from the Center for Puppetry Arts' Xperimental Puppetry Theatre program
• SCAD-Atlanta graduate Amanda Goodbread's Curtains
• SCAD professor Hal Miles's stop-motion The Madness of Being
• ASIFA-Atlanta president Brett W. Thompson's first film, Fluidtoons
• Mouse and Cat, an independent effort made by Joe Peery, Turner Studios animation director and former ASIFA-Atlanta president.
This screening is presented as part of the 21st Society of Animation Studies Conference, July 10—12, 2009.